Fwd: Long drive between Chilliwack & Neah

Dave Robertson TuktiWawa at NETSCAPE.NET
Wed Jun 13 00:21:29 UTC 2001

LhaXayEm!

Nawitka, dret khakwa, kwansEm pus nayka tiki lhatwa inatay khapa Canada, la tilxEm lhaska munk stop nayka, alaxti ixt tintin.  (Oh yes, that's what happens to me too, every time I want to cross into Canada, the border cops stop me for an hour or so.)  I dare say Henry and I each look the part of linguists, though, judging by my own acquaintances.  It's among the most casual of professions.

If one were to leave Chilliwack on Friday, I think it'd be no trouble to reach Neah by sundown.  The Salish conference's last day tends to be set up so people can leave pretty early.  As I don't have a map handy, can anyone supply us with the road mileage between Chilliwack & Neah?

Mersi,
Dave