Fwd: [American_Indian_Alliance] Resources for Endangered Native American Languages

David Lewis coyotez at OREGON.UOREGON.EDU
Sun Jun 17 22:34:38 UTC 2001

>Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2001 00:53:40 +0000
>From: rauch at mit.edu
>Subject: [American_Indian_Alliance] Resources for Endangered Native American
>  Languages
>To: American_Indian_Alliance at yahoogroups.com
>  sentto-465878-1257-992652822-coyotez=oregon.uoregon.edu at returns.onelist.com
>
>I would like to announce a web site called Resources for Endangered
>Languages (<http://nativelanguages.org).>http://nativelanguages.org).
>
>It has pointers to organizations that offer grants for Native American
>language revitalization projects originated from within the
>communities
>themselves, as well as links to the full text of books giving the best
>methods for revitalizing languages and reversing language shift. It
>presents an account of successful Native American and other language
>revitalization projects, including the Maori language nests.
>
>If you find it worthy, I would appreciate it if you could let
>webmasters
>of endangered language or indigenous people sites know about it.
>
>Sincerely,
>Erik Rauch
>Editor
>

>Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
><http://rd.yahoo.com/M=168002.1477935.3051340.2/D=egroupmail/S=1700014184:N
>/A=630092/*http://mojofarm.mediaplex.com/ad/ck/990-1736-1039-59?bn=GuyWants
>12Free468>
>Click for Details

David Gene Lewis                        Department of Anthropology
Graduate student                        University of Oregon
         cell 541-510-0217                               Eugene, OR 97403

coyotez at oregon.uoregon.edu                      talapus at kalapuya.com
http://gladstone.uoregon.edu/~coyotez           http://www.kalapuya.com

Confederated Tribes of Grand Ronde,  Kalapuya Tribe