Troubled waters under a bridge

George Lang george.lang at UALBERTA.CA
Thu Jun 28 01:56:19 UTC 2001

For "water under the bridge" or "by-gone things we can do nothing about"
why not "Lhush khakwa" 'good thus'?

Per Mike's suggestion that we shouldn't just go around making things up,
unless exceptional bouts of inspiration strike, this idiom is in the Grand
Ronde vocabulary in the version I have from Henry Zenk, with annotation as
follows:

Lhush khawka / Lhush-khakwa. 1) Nevermind, let it go, 2) It's alright, it's
good.

Of course there is a whole philosophy implicit how we accept or refuse the
course or flow of events, but I don't think I'll go there tonight....