Troubled waters under a bridge

Theresa Kishkan tkishkan at UNISERVE.COM
Fri Jun 29 15:18:48 UTC 2001

If you go to B.C.'s Provincial Archives at<http://www.bcarchives.gov.bc.ca>
and go to the visual records link, you can type in Hagwilget as your search
term and see photographs of the wonderful bridge built near Hazelton.

 I wonder, were bridges perhaps also built?   I also just
>thought of the legend of the Columbia's "Bridge of the Gods."
>(Myth?)
>
>Regards,
>
>Jeff
>
>On Thu, 28 Jun 2001 16:46:01 -0400, "Dave Robertson"
><TuktiWawa at NETSCAPE.NET> wrote:
>
>>Howdy,
>>
>>Welp, I've seen the English word "bridge" borrowed directly into _Kamloops
Wawa_ Chinook Jargon.  A literal-minded translation would thus look like
<masachi chok kikuli kopa brich> in that variety of CJ.

>>Dave

Theresa Kishkan
RR1 Site 20 C11
Madeira Park, B.C.
V0N 2H0
(604)883-2377
Red Laredo Boots (1996); Sisters of Grass (2000); Inishbream (2001)

"The grey geese circled Inishbream and the population fled, leaving their
tables laid for another stranger to discover, leaving a brand of turf to
burn away to cold ash."