People who had Chinook Jargon names

Scott Tyler, M.D. Scott.Tyler at MULTICARE.ORG
Fri Nov 9 16:27:06 UTC 2001

Here is a couple nice nick names!

 boos boos boy--from Neah Bay for cowboy,  boos boos comes from moos moos
for cow

 kloot for man's nick name,  from klootchman for woman

 skookum chuck  for big charlie, also means 'rapids or strong waters'

 moos moos for 'old buffalo' from Yakama, also used by some Nuchanulth for
'old bull' as a man's nick name, from moos moos for cow

 Scott