No subject

Theresa Kishkan tkishkan at UNISERVE.COM
Tue Nov 13 04:55:35 UTC 2001

A friend, writing a book on the Sinixt, has asked me to post this query.

>I am wondering if you would mind placing a query from me on the Chinook
list, or forwarding the address to me so that I could do so.  I have had a
response to my ms on the Sinixt from Bouchard; he offers that "cultus" means
"bad."  Glavin/Lillard's lexicon says "worthless."  I suppose the
connotation could be very close, but do those in the know have any comments?

Thanks in advance!

Theresa Kishkan
Theresa Kishkan
RR1 Site 20 C11
Madeira Park, B.C.
V0N 2H0
(604)883-2377
Red Laredo Boots (1996); Sisters of Grass (2000); Inishbream (2001)

"There are pale beaches of coral sand, strung darkly with the dead weeds. I
walk them endlessly, alert for news of the world: a bottle, an explosive, a
book of the saint's voyage enacted on the edge of the Atlantic....."
                                                   --Inishbream