"Carrier Pidgin" vol. 29, nos. 1-3, January-December 2001

David D. Robertson ddr11 at COLUMBIA.EDU
Thu Apr 18 04:39:21 UTC 2002

KLAHAWIAM,

Just received a copy of this nice little journal from its publishers, and
found much to enjoy.  I'd already been preparing to mention the homepage of
the very intriguing contact-linguist Salikoko S. Mufwene,
<humanities.uchicago.edu/depts/linguistics/faculty/mufwene.html>, where you
can download several of his papers to peruse; this issue contains a couple
of extensive feature articles on him that highlight his questioning of some
key issues of pidgin and creole studies.

(I'd also intended to mention our list member Sally Thomason's homepage, as
she also provides some downloadable papers ... don't have the URL handy,
but will track it down!)

More reasons to mention this latest issue of the "Carrier Pidgin" include
notable contributions by your fellow CHINOOK list members, Michel De Graff
(a fine interview with Mufwene), Anthony Grant (a review of two recent
books), and George Lang (whose fine book "Entwisted Tongues:  Comparative
Creole Literatures" is reviewed).

I am reminded to check the current status of your web-work-in-progress on
Chinook Jargon, George.  You're doing some neat work.

-- Dave