Ship newspapers

Theresa Kishkan tkishkan at UNISERVE.COM
Thu Apr 18 14:32:21 UTC 2002

Hi Dave,

We own a 19 c. letterpress and for a time we were on the letterpress
discussion list (if this is the correct terminology for such things; I am
still a bit of a Luddite!). I remember a lengthy thread about the presses
used on ships and there was lots of discussion around this. Some members
collected the newspapers -- these might have been later ones, of course, as
many of the big ocean liners used letterpresses well into the last century.
But perhaps worth a look at the Letpress archives? I've copied the bit from
the protocol message which somehow got saved in its own file...

<Contributions sent to this list are automatically archived. You can get a
list  of the  available  archive  files by  sending  an "INDEX  LETPRESS"
command to LISTSERV at LISTSERV.UNB.CA. You can  then order these files with
a "GET  LETPRESS LOGxxxx"  command, or  using LISTSERV's  database search
facilities. Send an  "INFO DATABASE" command for more  information on the
latter.>
Theresa Kishkan
RR1 Site 20 C11
Madeira Park, B.C.
V0N 2H0
(604)883-2377
Red Laredo Boots (1996); Sisters of Grass (2000); Inishbream (2001)