"French of the Mountains" (BC)

Ross Clark (FOA DALSL) r.clark at AUCKLAND.AC.NZ
Tue Aug 27 04:21:33 UTC 2002

In his book on Michif*, Bakker briefly mentions "Métis French" (pp.72-3).
One of the features he notes is a possessive construction of the type
exemplified here by "l'Bon Dieu son garçon" and "tout le monde son
bourgeois".

*Peter Bakker, A Language Of Our Own. Oxford University Press, 1997.

Ross Clark