Okoke Sun

Nadja Adolf nadja at NODE.COM
Tue Aug 27 21:49:17 UTC 2002

Okoke sun, wake siah sun yaka chako elip saghalie khopa koosa, naika kloshe
moosum. Siah wawa yaka tin-tin pi naika kopet moosum. Naika klootsman sikhs,
Cat, yaka house enetai oayhut, tikegh naika nannich spose Fed Ex chako lolo
la caset.

Today, not long before the sun reached the top of the sky, I was sleeping
well. The telephone rang, and I stopped sleeping. My woman friend, Cat,
whose house is across the street, wanted me to see if Fed Ex had come
bringing a package.

Naika wawa "Ahah, naika alki klatawa khopa maika house pi spose nannich la
caset yaka chako." Naika sopena klak moosum kliskwiss pi iskum keekwullie
sail pi chako kloshe khopa klatawa klahanie.

I said "Yes, I will go to your house and see if the package has come. I
jumped off the bed and got underwear and dressed to go outside.

Naika klatawa enetai oayhut pi nannich konaway ka elip yaka house. Halo
la caset.  Naika mitlite tenas laly, pi tillikum klaska munk leguin illahee
tupso chako. Naika chako wegh naika house.

I go across the street and look everywhere in front of her house. No package.
I stand a little while, and the people who mow her law come. I go back to
my house.

Naika munk wawa khapa Saghalike Tyee pi muckamuck chuck pi nannich pittuck
la caset khopa tzum pepah. Alki, naika klatawa wegh enetai oayhut, Halo
la caset.

I pray, drink some water, and look at the computer for mail. Then I go back
across the street. No package.

Naika chako wegh enetai oayhut pi nannich tzum papel klaska kunamokst.
Ikt tintin klatawa. Wegh naika nannich spose la caset chako. Halo la caset.

I come back across the street and read a book. An hour passes. Again I look
to see if the package has come. No package.

Naika mitwhit wegh ikt tintin. Halo la caset. Alta, naika munk siah wawa
klootsman sikhs pi wawa halo la caset. Yaka wawa yaka munk siah wawa khopa
makook house yaka wawa la caset yaka lolo Fed Ex.  Nah Klonas UPS yaka lolo,
wake Fed Ex?

I wait another hour. No package. Now I telephone my woman friend and tell her
there is no package. She says she will telephone the store that said the box
would be shipped Fed Ex. Perhaps it was shipped UPS, not Fed Ex?

Naika klatawa khopa pittuck la caset pi munk tzum ehkanum.

I went to the computer and wrote the story.