Help with -uks?

janilta janilta at J.EMAIL.NE.JP
Thu Aug 29 23:47:53 UTC 2002

Nadja, hello !

In French, 'donkey' is 'l'ane' (not le ane, the 'e' of 'le' is
impossible in front of a vowel). I don't have the word in Michif.
In Jargon, one term for both donkey and mule was perhaps sufficient.

I have an open question for 'siah khopa pelton' in your text. I have the
feeling it is a construction too complicated for the Jargon. I know it
is quite often used in English or in French as in 'il est loin d'etre
bete', but I wonder if Jargon would not prefer simple statements here
(ie 'he is stupid/very stupid/not stupid). I might be wrong of course !

Cheers, Yann

Ps : thanks for the answer, Dave !