computer font question

Dave Robertson tuktiwawa at NETSCAPE.NET
Tue Feb 5 06:33:18 UTC 2002

George--You'd be well advised to contact Dr Patricia Shaw, UBC Linguistics; the font in question is First Nations New, and contains symbols perfectly appropriate for every indigenous language of BC, including phonetic or phonemic rendering of Chinuk-Wawa.

-- Dave

"Liland Brajant Ros'" <lilandbr at HOTMAIL.COM> wrote:

>Have you checked with the folks at the University of Victoria? A couple
>years ago at the Salish Studies picnic they showed off a new font they had
>developed (I believe for both PCs and Macs) designed to do all the
>indigenous languages of BC; I don't believe they counted the Wawa as one of
>the languages in question, but I can't think offhand of a symbol you would
>need that wouldn't be used in at least one of the BC languages.
>Unfortunately I don't recall the name of the person in charge of the
>project.
>
>lilEnd

"Asking a linguist how many languages she knows is like asking a doctor how many diseases he has!" -- anonymous