kwulh, kwutl, kwetlh

Mike Cleven ironmtn at BIGFOOT.COM
Wed Feb 20 14:16:18 UTC 2002

I've begun compiling a list of near-homonyms from the Jargon for a
reference page within my site.  What I'm wondering about the following
is how they are in Grand Ronde Chinuk-Wawa, i.e. the final lh (L), tl,
and tlh and how they are distinguished, if at all, in GR Wawa.

Kwulh, kwult - to hit, to wound with an arrow or gun, to strike with a
stick or stone, or in any matter without cutting

Kwutl - to push or squeeze (as in packing), or to make fast or tight

Kwetlh - proud; perhaps a variation of youtl, which has the same
meaning.
--

Mike Cleven
http://www.cayoosh.net (Bridge River Lillooet history)