French-Chinook list

Jeffrey Kopp jeffkopp at ATTBI.COM
Sun May 19 10:32:32 UTC 2002

Re (c):  Curiously, the only misspelled English word I found in Gibbs
was "Medecine," in the following entry:

La-més-tin, or La-mó-tchin, n.  French, LA MÉDECINE.  Medecine, not
including magic.

Could be he just confused the French spelling for the English, or it
may have been a typesetter's error.

(I left it as is; my Web and print versions of Gibbs are verbatim.
We probably ought to footnote it as [sic] in the reprint.)

J.