CHINOOK Digest - 9 Nov 2002 to 14 Nov 2002 (#2002-162)

Nadja Adolf yakimabelle at YAHOO.COM
Fri Nov 15 07:40:36 UTC 2002

Klahowya:

Still looking for a word to use for a female friend.
Sikhs is masculine only; what can one use for a woman
friend?

Sikhs opitska isn't going to work in this case. B^)

Nadja

PS - I understand that my posting was hard for some
folks because I used "tillikum" for a female friend -
but is there a better word for a female friend? The
silence has been deafening for a word that doesn't
mean "sweetheart."