Doubling

Colin Bruce cbruce at SMARTLINE.COM.AU
Wed Nov 27 21:24:24 UTC 2002

Can we then break these doubled words up like "wa" and "wawa".

waX is a word on its own
however, could kala mean a flutter or a flapping of wings?
(pusspuss I think comes from English but sounds like the hissing of a cat)

if tiktik = ticker? then would tik = tick?
tintin = ringer?  then would tin = ring?

My question is do other people or have other people broken these words up or have they composed
other words.  I would like to use chumchum for writing and tl'kopetl'kope for carving.  It doesn't
seem to say so in the online dictionaries.  Would anyone understand?

"Scott Tyler" <scottmd at attbi.com> on 27-11-2002 15:23:34