Help with translation?

Scott Tyler scottmd at ATTBI.COM
Fri Oct 11 04:08:58 UTC 2002

I agree it is nice bit of jargon.

The pronoun at the end of a sentence occurs commonly in NW Indian languages--eg Makah
    dadook atl ss  =  sing now I   =  English   Now I sing
    dadook atl id   =   sing  now we =  now we sing

My guess is that speakers of Native languages would bend their jargon the fit the syntax
of their own tongue.

Agree Hayas man could be a Chief or head of a family in the village he came from, perhaps a tough guy no one messed with.

kawaneike dum Dum, bos ammak kkuk Shie kod neke wauman.Komber Deneds Klumschemän, be kanisem wouwaure heller Iskum Män nike.  "

?  komber = koopa  ?
 kakwa nika tomtom,                 spoos makuk okeoke chakoo nika woman
as thought/heart I   = I thought     possibly trade/sell  that become me woman

  ????    I thought that I might be traded/sold when I became a woman  ??

another possibility     amma  =  abba = very well, very good

kakwa nika tomtom  spoos abba okok chakoo nika woman
I think  it was very good that  became I woman  =  I think it was very good that I became a woman

It was common that marriages were arranged, by family parents, etc.--a deal could be made with exchange of material goods,
perhaps a potlatch arranged.  This is a thought.

 koopa tenes kloochman pi kwansim wawa hiloo iskum man nika
 that girl and always said no get man I  =  that girl always said I would not get married.

Scott