Recent article on CJ

Ros' Haruo lilandbr at HOTMAIL.COM
Tue Apr 8 05:49:03 UTC 2003

>From: "David D. Robertson" <ddr11 at COLUMBIA.EDU>
>To: CHINOOK at LISTSERV.LINGUISTLIST.ORG
>Subject: Re: Recent article on CJ
>Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2003 00:29:57 -0400
>
>About another note in the same article -- did Eells really leave a 5-volume
>Jargon dictionary manuscript?  Is this in the American Philosophical
>Society library or some similar archive?

I was just meaning to ask about the whereabouts of the Eells MS dictionary
the other day. I don't know how many volumes, but Shaw clearly refers to it
and says it's the non-plus-ultra authority (I've forgotten his precise
words, but it's high praise). I believe his comment was in connection with
the pronunciation section of his book, which I was looking at recently.

lilEnd