Recent article on CJ

hzenk at PDX.EDU hzenk at PDX.EDU
Tue Apr 8 17:38:30 UTC 2003

I think the dictionary manuscript referred to is the one in the Whitman College
archives at Walla Walla.  It is all in ink, written into large bound
volumes--don't remember how many exactly; whether it is exactly five volumes or
not, it is certainly very copious.  Shaw mentions it in his introduction;
while I haven't done the research to verify, I wonder whether Shaw's dictionary
is largely based on it.  Henry