Another question on pronouns

Nadja Adolf yakimabelle at YAHOO.COM
Wed Aug 27 19:27:58 UTC 2003

Question:

GR questions:

Looking at Henry's thesis, there is a chart on page 67
and a table of forms of prepositions used by Mrs.
Howard and Mr. Hudson. Looking at the third person,
there is ya, (ya), yaka, and ya.xka.

Do you mean that there was no third person
preposition, or that these other forms (ya, (ya), and
ya.xka were used instead? Or another preposition? Was
there a different form for possessive?

Or did these become obsolete at GR?

Was the form "ya" used instead, as in Mr. Bobb's "ya
~sax?? (I am using the ~ for the non-existent
demi-loop on US ASCII.)

The reason I am asking is I am sitting here with Henry
Zenk's thesis, and there is also a quote from John
Hudson that seems to use the full form of the word
"yaka hai munk LLu~s uk paya" (~ used for "hook", LL
for barred L.) Or was the actual use "yaxka"?