Chinook legend program in OC includes panel on Jacobs and Howard

Jeffrey Kopp jeffreykopp at ATT.NET
Sat Jun 28 00:15:10 UTC 2003

 From today's Oregonian. This Sunday afternoon. I see Tony will speak.

http://www.oregonlive.com/metrosouth/oregonian/index.ssf?/base/metro_south_news/1056715141252560.xml

Note this is the museum at the falls, not the Oregon Trail Center.
http://www.orcity.com/museum/current.html

>OREGON CITY -- A literary event exploring the literature and lore of
>Willamette Falls will be presented Sunday in conjunction with the Museum
>of the Oregon Territory's exhibit, "10,000 Years of Art & Trade in the
>Willamette Valley."
>
>"RiverSpeak III: The Literature and Lore of Willamette Falls" will feature
>a panel discussion at 1 p.m., "The Legacy of Melville Jacobs and Victoria
>Howard Regarding Myths of the Clackamas Chinooks."
>
>The discussion will be followed at 2:30 p.m. by a guided tour of the
>exhibit and, at 3 p.m. by "The Literature and Lore of Willamette Falls:
>Stories, Poems and Reminiscences, Native American and Pioneer, With the
>RiverSpeakers."

. . .