On-line Swanton improved; Calif. portion online at Cal State

Jeffrey Kopp jeffreykopp at ATT.NET
Sat Jun 28 04:16:46 UTC 2003

Klahowya. I just divided my draft upload of the Oregon/Washington excerpts
of Swanton's "Indian Tribes of NA" into separate sections, and added
alphabetic navigation bars, like the dictionaries.

<http://chinookjargon.home.att.net/swantonwash.htm> and
<http://chinookjargon.home.att.net/swantonoreg.htm>

(It still needs proofreading; I'll happily mail a printed copy of the
original to any willing volunteer.)

This by itself wouldn't warrant a post to the list, but on searching Google
(to see if my old page was indexed), I discovered the California section is
now on-line at Cal State. <http://www.csusm.edu/nadp/swanton/>

They also cross-link all the tribe references, and have a clickable map,
too (which I still want to do; I think I need a couple interns).

The CSU site features an intro and caveat by E.A. Schwartz, with orthography.

Regards,

Jeff