Gibbs

Jeffrey Kopp jeffreykopp at ATT.NET
Wed Oct 22 03:19:59 UTC 2003

At 07:21 PM 10/21/2003, Ros' Haruo wrote:
>In what ways does the "Alphabetical Vocabulary" differ from the "Dictionary"?

The former was an attempt to record Chinookan (not the Jargon) is it was in
the the 1840s-50s. It is brief and Gibbs admits in the foreword it is
incomplete.

I'd considered putting a copy on the Web site to show the difference
between Chinookan with the Jargon, but decided it would just add to the
confusion.

(If anybody wants to send me a photocopy of something which might
accomplish this better, please let me know.)

Jeff