Some words from Boas....

Nadja Adolf yakimabelle at YAHOO.COM
Wed Sep 10 03:43:00 UTC 2003

I've been crawling around in Boas and trying to figure
out the use of person indicators on verbs there; and
why and when they change.

Anyhoo, I've found quite a few word we have in Wawa -
L(!)q(!)o_p => tlqope - cut

(!) is inverted !

And some that I wonder why they aren't much used in
Wawa, if at all - and which I have tried to render
into ASCII. Any information, advice, assistance,
corrections, would be welcome with these.

iqe_'tak => iqeetak - year

_ is the long vowel symbol

nikct => niksht - not

t!' o_ 7 => tqotl - house

7 is the inverted L

takE  => tak (E is listed as an "obscure vowel", a
term I can't find in my linguistics book.)

L(!)k(!)'o_p => tlkope - squeeze - k is more foreward
like English k than in tlqope, right?