maklak (was RE: Jargon in Alaska Gold Rush?)

Liland Brajant ROS’ lilandr at YAHOO.COM
Tue Sep 23 01:10:36 UTC 2003

Well, was Service (the *Klondike* poet, remember)
writing about the use of "muckluck" in the Central
Yupik area, or about the use of "muckluck" (the term,
not necessarily its precise original Yupik referent)
somewhere closer to the Klondike?

I don't know the answer; I'm just pointing out the
possibility that "maklak" might in fact have been in
general (English, CJ, what have you) use in a region
where CJ was used, and if it was then used in CJ the
fact that it wasn't of Chinook origin doesn't preclude
its qualifying as CJ.

lilEnd

<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=10469/*http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com>