Font (Re: Lushootseed Changer Babel-type Myth)

Ros' Haruo lilandbr at HOTMAIL.COM
Wed Sep 24 01:36:35 UTC 2003

No, I don't know if the blanks are intentional. It seems to me that the font
is inadequate for the vowels of CJ (e.g. u vs. U, i vs. I, E vs. e); perhaps
a similar font could be devised that would use the blank spaces (or some of
the complex, odd accented characters) for the missing vowel characters. It
might also be possible to supply a bit more in the way of punctuation etc.
that way.  Lushootseed is basically a four-vowel language (i and e are one
vowel; o and u another; a a third; and E a fourth). Zeke might be able to
advise on this. It's been a couple years since I was in contact with him,
but I believe he's still involved in the (Whulshootseed) language program at
Muckleshoot.

lilEnd

        ROS' Haruo / 204 N 39th / Seattle WA 98103 / Usono
    lilandbr at scn.org / lilandbr at hotmail.com / tel 206-633-2434
TTT-Himnaro Cigneta : http://www.geocities.com/cigneto/pretaj.html
Nove en La Lilandejo : http://www.geocities.com/lilandr/novaj.html
      ("la Esperantisto antauxe nomata Liland Brajant Ros'")