kitsotkwa

Tony Johnson Tony.Johnson at GRANDRONDE.ORG
Fri Apr 2 22:23:24 UTC 2004

khanawi-Laksta,

We use "chutxwa," but also know "qhitsutxwa."  This is definitely Ft.
Vancouver, but also refers to the Vancouver area.  We tend to say
"kas-tawn" (Gas Town) for Vancouver BC.

ALqi wEXt--
Tony A. Johnson
sawash-ili7i
Grand Ronde, OR

>>> Leanne Riding <riding at TIMETEMPLE.COM> 03/29/2004 7:59:43 PM >>>
In his CJ book, Demers mentioned "kitsotkwa" and this is translated
"Vancouver". Am I correct in assuming Fort Vancouver as opposed to
Vancouver, BC?

Hiyu masi
- Leanne

To respond to the CHINOOK list, click 'REPLY ALL'.  To respond
privately to the sender of a message, click 'REPLY'.  Hayu masi!