Random Chinook reference

Morgan morgan at REDANDBLACKCAFE.ORG
Wed Jun 23 03:58:14 UTC 2004

I sat down with some of the regulars at my cafe, and picked up the book
one of them was reading "You Can't Win" by Jack Black. I understand
this is a classic memoir of early 20th century hobo-dom and low-lifery
on the West Coast. I opened it to a random page and the first sentance
said, something to the effect of "xxx started speaking chinook to me"
while in a jail cell.

I'll try and borrow it and find the full quotation.