Maquinna in the news again (fwd from L. Riding)

Leanne Riding ddr11 at COLUMBIA.EDU
Tue Jun 29 15:59:14 UTC 2004

Hi, for those interested in Nootka Sound culture, I thought you might
enjoy this other article on Luna (aka Tsu'xiit, apparently). It goes into
detail about the recent events involving this whale and his connection to
Ambrose Maquinna, with some words and cultural notes.

This article reminds me of an old question I had about the CJ "ol hiyu",
which in one source was translated as "Sea Wolf". Some talk about wolves
and whales back then too.

Cheers :) Sorry 'bout the long url, I know it'll get munged up for some...

http://www.globeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20040629.wcomment0629/BNSto
ry/
Front/

-- Leanne (http://timetemple.com)