Why isn ’t Kwitshadi a good CW w ord?

Francisc Czobor fericzobor at YAHOO.COM
Mon Jul 11 11:05:45 UTC 2005

Very strange this intolerance and extremism, as described below, in such a Civilized Nation like BastEn Ili'i. Such utterings look more appropriate for our nationalist extremists in Balkanic East Europe than for what we here see as the most advanced nation of the world...

Francisc Laksta wik yakEmtEks

Yakima Belle <yakimabelle at YAHOO.COM> wrote:
The event in question did not occur as described - it
was a matter that came up during the Lu?lu my husband
attended - the one where certain individuals referred
to an elderly gentleman in his presence as if he were
an insect in a collection - suggesting he was senile.

As for "axes to grind" and "agendas" - I would apply
those terms to the individuals who sent me obscenity
laden email when I posted stories to this list that
were written in other than GR grammar and vocabulary.
Having been referred to as a copulating female dog and
called a racist I took the subtle hints and ceased
posting stories here. Our group moderator was
forwarded a copy of the least obscene missive I could
find. One was so hateful as to cause the system
administrator to suggest notifying the FBI; in
retrospect, I wish I had because then what occurred
would be public knowledge to everyone on the list, and
the media as well.

--- Tom Larsen wrote:

> LaXayam, Francisc,
>
> No one ever said at the Chinuk Lu7lu that kwitshadi
> was not a good CW
> word. The person who reported that on the list was
> misreporting the
> facts, apparently because they had other axes to
> grind. If memory
> serves, this was even pointed out in another message
> to the list. In
> any case, what was stated at the Lu7lu was that the
> word kwitshadi was
> not used at Grand Ronde. It was explicitly stated
> that kwitshadi WAS
> used in other places besides Grand Ronde. The
> author of the message on
> the list apparently didn't remember that.
>
> aLqi nesaika wawa,
>
> Tom Larsen
>
> Database Management and Catalog Librarian
> Branford Price Millar Library
> Portland State University
> P.O. Box 1151
> Portland, OR 97207-1151