CW in "The Incredibles"

David Robertson ddr11 at COLUMBIA.EDU
Thu Jun 23 00:58:30 UTC 2005

In the DVD of the recent animated movie "The Incredibles", one of the
special features is a short, in which the character Syndrome snarls to Mr.
Incredible (in a context I don't exactly remember),

"Not since you put me in the skookum house!"

They must've gotten this phrase from a thesaurus, because the pronunciation
of skookum house he uses rhymes with "book 'em".  I've never heard that in
real life.

--Dave R