Rev. Paul Gard & Charles Buchanan, and Hiram Leimdon

David Gene Lewis coyotez at UOREGON.EDU
Mon Nov 14 06:56:45 UTC 2005

Hi All,
I did a little internet search and came up with these results, we have anyone at Marquette?

http://www.mu.edu/library/collections/archives/Mss/BCIM/mss-bcim-s-8-1-paper.html

Marquette University Libraries
Department of Special Collections and University Archives

BCIM
Series 8-1

< Bureau of Catholic Indian Missions Records Index
< Bureau of Catholic Indian Missions Records Series 8 Scope and Content

>>Rev. Paul Gard
Series 8-1  	Box 12  	Folder 13  	Snohomish [= Tulalip] + Chinook [continued from Box 1], Lessons, Exercises, and Notes, Reverend Eugene C. Chirouse, O.M.I. and Paul Gard, n.d.

>>Hiram Leimdon
Series 8-1  	Box 1  	Folder 9  	English-Chinook Glossary, Hiram P. Leimdon, 1889

Now Charles Buchanan doesn't appear in these records but a man named Buchman, Charles J. (Alumnus; Speech) does appear in the university archives. Probably a long shot this one.

It appears that Marquette has a pretty good collection of Northwest Coast language materials, especially Wasington State.
David Lewis