wattap etymology?

Leanne Riding riding at TIMETEMPLE.COM
Wed Oct 5 04:12:18 UTC 2005

That's definitely Alexander Henry, the elder, in both cases...
confusingly he outlived the younger Henry. My understanding is that the
journal of the elder was often used as a source of early textual
evidence regarding western Canadian history, because he was near the
front of a westward push by fur companies in the 1700s.