Fwd: wattap etymology?

Ros’ Haruo rosharuo at GMAIL.COM
Tue Oct 4 17:48:56 UTC 2005

Oops, I guess I just sent that to Ross instead of the group.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Ros' Haruo <rosharuo at gmail.com>
Date: Oct 4, 2005 10:48 AM
Subject: Re: wattap etymology?
To: "Ross Clark (ARTS DALSL)" <r.clark at auckland.ac.nz>

 My search on Google for "wattap root" gave 46 hits, which certainly confirm
its existence and general meaning of "conifer-root lacing used in bark canoe
manufacture". Usually spruce, occasionally pine, red cedar, fir.... Not
clear whether it is also usable for the root qua root or only qua lacing.
 lil*ə*nd = haluo
 PS Any progress on the Unicode Duployan font front?
--
Meet the Whole World Halfway — Learn and Use Esperanto!
http://www.scn.org/~lilandbr/lang_tax.htmlhttp://lernu.net