Nez Perce recording of CJ discovered -- Followup: Location of Music Downloads

Erik wawalist at EMERALD-FOREST.NET
Tue May 9 00:38:05 UTC 2006

Re: Nez Perce recording of CJ discovered
http://www.boiseweekly.com/gyrobase/Content?oid=oid%3A161481

Klahowya Sikhs,

It's a great article, well worth the time to read.  But finding the actual
music is hard to do.  The article said go to the front page for the music,
but on the front page, the only thing obvious is a link back to the article.
After going around in circles for awhile -- and finding/reading lots of
other great stories on that site too!   I finally found where the music is
and thought I would post the link here to save people from a lengthy search.
The location is not obvious.

But there is one catch, the Sam Morris colletion is not actually online.
However, it is still worth going to because they do have other closely
related music online.

[quote]
While the songs from the Sam Morris Collection are technically public
domain, we are choosing to respect the Nez Perce Tribe's wishes and not
publish them online at this time -- though that might change in the coming
weeks.
[end quote]

But go anyway because they have some good music recorded by  Alice Fletcher
(1897)  and Herbert Spinden (1907).   Here is the link to the music files:

http://www.boiseweekly.com/gyrobase/Content?oid=oid%3A161453

-- Erik