Tirade in Jargon

David Robertson ddr11 at COLUMBIA.EDU
Wed Nov 1 01:09:53 UTC 2006

I'll just throw this 1894 bit at you guys.  Gotta do some other work, so no
translation for you yet.  Send in yours!

(I've marked the sentence boundaries & punctuation where I think they
belong; I also cleaned up the spelling for you; NULL means a missing "yaka"
here.  Note, one of the times "pi" is used, you probably won't want to
translate it with a word in English.)

-- Dave R

"Naika tiki wawa kopa maika ukuk iht pipa kopa Anshilina *
Naika sik tomtom *
Tlus maika ilo mamuk ukuk nim Makdonal kopa Anshilina *
Naika ilo tiki ukuk nim *
Pus chi chako ukuk papus, pi iaka mash iaka papus ukuk man, pi naika iskom
NULL *
Ukuk papus alta chaku skukum kopa naika *
Drit naika tolo ukuk papus pi naika ayu mash naika shikman,
shaku skukom alta *
Ilo klaksta iskom NULL, drit naika papus alta *
Drit ayu tilikom iaka wawa kupa naika, naika tolo ukuk papus *
Tlus maika ilo mamuk ukuk nim kopa Anshilina; pus mash ukuk nim kopa
Anshilina, naika sik tomtom *
Klahawiam *
Naika Aisak Pitir *"