sister-in-law

Francisc Czobor fericzobor at YAHOO.COM
Tue Oct 10 16:11:33 UTC 2006

In Jacobs' "Texts in Chinook Jargon", Victoria Howard uses the word _yatum_ for "sister-in-law". On the other hand, in Ross' "Chinook Vocabulary" there is _oquetam_ "sister-in-law". I suspect that both these words represent in fact the same Chinookan word, but with different (possessive?) preffixes (oquetam has also the feminine gender prefix: o-). Am I right?

  Hayu masi,
  Francisc