eel/lamprey morphemes

Tina Wynecoop wynecoop at HOTMAIL.COM
Thu Oct 19 17:41:35 UTC 2006

Hello:

Is there a Chinookan word AND a Chinook Jargon word for the eel/lamprey
species?

My friend is especially interested in receiving the jargon morphemes.
He has the Spokan word/spelling.

I am aware that there has been much discussion on the listserv about
'oolichans" and its  variant spellings, and I am thinking that that word
refers to the herring rather than the eel.

I was especially interested in one scene in a French movie I watched a few
nights ago, Sequins, where the cook prepares an eel for dinner by placing
the eel's mouth on a hook and pulls the skin off like it was a sausage
having the casing removed in one piece.  Wonder what eel tastes like?

Thanks you,
Tina
Spokane,WA