spakram

Isaac M. Davis isaacmacdonalddavis at GMAIL.COM
Tue Oct 31 00:32:24 UTC 2006

Klahawya, naika shiks,

I'm no expert on Thompson Salish (Nłaka'pmx), but I lived in Merritt and
worked on the reserve in Lower Nicola for three months. I wouldn't describe
it as being spoken 'in the Kamloops area'. Dave Robertson says that Shuswap
is the Salishan language spoken there, and that sounds right to me. A woman
I knew in Lower Nicola was a Shuswap speaker who'd married a man who was a
member of the Lower Nicola Indian Band, and she'd come from somewhere in
that direction.

Masi,

Isaac M. Davis

--