'Out in the ginsengs'?

Dave Robertson ddr11 at UVIC.CA
Thu Jun 14 20:37:05 UTC 2007

Very remotely related to our subject...

Anyone here heard the term 'out in the ginsengs'?

I caught it in a book by Oregon rancher Herman Oliver.  It seems to
mean 'out in the sticks / boonies / tules'.

No Google hits.  I'm a little curious.

On a similar note, there supposedly was or is a perception that there are
two kinds of Chilcotin Indians: Stone or Ston(e)y, and Stick Chilcotins.
This is per James Teit's 1909 information in the unsolved historical
mysteries site, www.mysteryquests.ca.

--Dave R