'Out in the ginsengs'?

Bernard Schulmann bernard at SHAMA.CA
Thu Jun 14 20:52:59 UTC 2007

During the 1990s the dry country around Kamloops and Lillooet grew a
lot of ginseng.   Many hundreds of acres of fields were under the
black raised tarps.

The crop was also popular in eastern Washington and Oregon.   So, I
presume that this is a reference that all the is out in these areas is
the ginseng, so yes, a term for the boonies

Bernard