CJ speaker on US coin

Dave Robertson ddr11 at UVIC.CA
Sun Jul 13 19:35:22 UTC 2008

Wow!

Thanks to all of you for your guesses.  They're all good.

I admit I wasn't thinking of Sacagawea, since I don't *know* she spoke Jargon.

And US Grant, a CJ speaker, is portrayed on American paper money, but no
coins that I know of.

Finally, I wasn't aware of any individual Native who might be a CJ speaker
portrayed on old nickels.  (The buffalo nickel is extinct.)

The answer I had in mind relates to a brand-new 25-cent coin in the "US
states" series.  The California quarter prominently features John Muir, who
wrote about having used Jargon while he was in Southeast Alaska.

I'll have to try thinking up another summer trivia question -- unless one of
you beats me to it!

--Dave R