Lutz, "Makuk"

ddr11 ddr11 at uvic.ca
Tue Jul 15 23:25:46 UTC 2008

Thanks to the dept. of ling., I received this book in the mail yesterday.
Thanks, John!

Of course I've been able only to skim through it, but there's clearly an
interesting thread of CJ woven through.  Much of the CJ material quoted is
from sources I hadn't encountered before.

Now, Jargon's not the main topic of the book, in case anyone reading this
forgets the announcement of it a few weeks ago on this list.  I expect to
learn quite a lot about the bigger picture from this "History of
Aboriginal-White relations".

Incidentally, the cover art is by one of my favorite BC Native artists.
Very nice choice.

--Dave R

David D. Robertson
PhD candidate