Fur-trade encampment (reenactment) last weekend, Fort Spokane

ddr11 ddr11 at uvic.ca
Tue Jul 15 23:17:26 UTC 2008

When I walked into the encampment, there was a sign that began with
"Klahowya!"

There was some interest in Chinook Jargon among the reenactors, too.

Really good exhibits in the Fort Spokane interpretive center.  I see that
my dad's high-school history teacher donated quite a lot of artifacts from
the old fort.  He (Mr. Becher) apparently led the first organized
archaeological digs there.

David D. Robertson
PhD candidate
Department of Linguistics