Corpora: Conference On Discourse Anaphora

Mcenery, Tony eiaamme at exchange.lancs.ac.uk
Tue Apr 4 11:54:41 UTC 2000

                         CALL FOR PAPERS

        (Apologies if you receive multiple copies of this announcement)

                    Third International Conference on
              Discourse Anaphora and Anaphor Resolution
                            (DAARC2000)

                      Lancaster University, UK
                       November 16 - 18, 2000

                            Sponsored by
               The Linguistics Association of Great Britain
         In association with The University of Lancaster and
                The North-west Centre for Linguistics

Following the success of the second international conference of the North-west
Centre for Linguistics on the theme of Questions, we invite you to submit a
paper for the North-west Centre's Third International conference. This
conference has the theme of Discourse Anaphora and Anaphor Resolution. This
event follows on from two previous conferences on this topic at Lancaster in
1996 and 1998.

DAARC2000 aims to continue the trend set by the previous DAARC events, which
brought together a wide variety of research on discourse anaphora and anaphor
resolution. Our goal will be to review this diverse field and consider the many
changes that have taken place in it in recent years. Corpus based work has
featured prominently at the previous DAARC conferences, and we anticipate that
it will do so again at this conference.

The DAARC2000 colloquium will take place on the 16-18th November 2000 at
Lancaster University, UK. We would like to invite anyone currently researching
in the areas of discourse anaphora and anaphor resolution to submit a paper for
DAARC2000. The closing date for submission is 30/6/00. Notification of
acceptance will be sent by 31/7/00

Please send abstracts of no more than 200 words to the DAARC2000 organising
committee at the following email address:

a.mcenery at lancaster.ac.uk

If you prefer to send an abstract by surface mail, please send a paper copy of
your abstract to the following address:

Dr Tony McEnery,
DAARC2000,
Department of Linguistics and Modern English Language,
Lancaster University,
Bailrigg,
Lancaster LA1 4YT
United Kingdom