Corpora: English and Chichewa study

Paul Thompson p.a.thompson at reading.ac.uk
Wed Apr 5 12:01:18 UTC 2000

I am involved in a project investigating lexical richness in teacher
talk between two languages, English and Chichewa (which is a member of
the southern African Bantu language family).

Does anyone have experience of, or know anyone else who has worked with,
lemmatisation of an agglutinative language such as Chichewa?
Alternatively, has anyone conducted cross-linguistic corpus-based
research on lexical richness with both conjunctive and disjunctive
languages?

If you can help or have any comments, please send them to me off list.
Many thanks,

Paul

Paul Thompson
Research Officer