Corpora: in search of concordancer software

SOMEYA, Yasumasa ysomeya at gol.com
Tue Apr 11 17:38:52 UTC 2000

Linda Bailey wrote:

> I am looking for a suitable concordancer program that isn't too expensive
> and is easy for students to use.
> Please send me your opinions about the available software. Also, are there
> any good sources for reviews of concordancer software?

Try "Concordancing Homepage" maintained by Peter Ruthven-Stuart of
Hokuriku
University, Japan.

http://www.nsknet.or.jp/%7Epeterr-s/concordancing/concordancing.html

This web site contains a lot of useful information about concordancing
and
concordancers, and if you are interested in concordancing and corpus
linguistics in general and are looking for relevant information, this is
perhaps an ideal place to begin your search.

Yasumasa Someya
Email: ysomeya at gol.com
Homepage: http://www2.gol.com/users/ysomeya
University of Tokyo
Dept. of lnaguage and Information sciences