Corpora: Availability of British 18th and 19th Century Corpora

Christopher Tribble ctribble at sri.lanka.net
Sun Apr 16 09:18:30 UTC 2000

Some good starting points are.  These aren't corpora in the sense of being
organised text collections, but they offer a good range of public domain
pre-twentieth century texts (not all of which is fiction/poetry.

Oxford Text Archive http://ota.ahds.ac.uk/
Project Gutenburg http://www.promo.net/pg/
University of Virginia_ English Electronic Texts Resources
http://etext.lib.virginia.edu/english.html

Regards

Chris Tribble
 --
                Dr Christopher Tribble
Sri Lanka       21 Wijerama Mawatha, Colombo 7
E-mail          ctribble at sri.lanka.net
Home Page       http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/Christopher_Tribble