Corpora: About Emphatic Imperatves

miki tmiki at mxw.mesh.ne.jp
Thu Jan 27 03:21:01 UTC 2000

 Dear, list members
 I am a graduate student majoring linguistics in Japan.

I have just started my study for MA thesis. The title of

the thesis is ‘A study of Emphatic Imperatives.’  like

‘ Do be quiet.’  I will find them out from some corpus

and analyze them on a discourse level.

1)      Do you know how to pick up only imperative sentences

from the corpus data?

2)      Are there any methods to search sentences which

begin with 'do + bare form of verbs'?

3)  Are there any corpus which include only imperative

   sentences?

3)      Do you know some books or thesis about emphatic

Imperatives?

 Takayuki Miki ( Hyogo Uni. of  Teacher Education)

 Tutorial Professor is Ms. Mariko Udo.

 tmiki at mxw.mesh.ne.jp