Corpora: Medical consultation data

Mark Holst markh at res.otaru-uc.ac.jp
Wed Mar 21 01:44:08 UTC 2001

Dear corpora list,

I teach English to Japanese medical students at the University of
Hokkaido, Sapporo, Japan, and I am currently researching conversation
patterns in Japanese and English Dr-Patient consultations. I am now
in the process of collecting my own Japanese language data, and I am
trying to track down English language data that is already publicly
available.

I wonder if you might know of any corpora that include transcriptions
of Dr-patient consultations in (spoken) English, that I could use in
my research. If you do, I would be very grateful if you could pass
them on. I have already been in touch with  the British National
Corpus, whose corpus contains some Dr-PatientÝconsultationsÅAbut I
have been unable to track down any other sources so far.

Thank you for your time in reading this query. I hope to hear from you soon.

Best wishes,

Mark Holst
--
Mark Holst
Language Center, Otaru University of Commerce